Parthenope Desktop Brass Mirror
A compact mirror by BLAKEBROUGH + KING.
Inspired by the tragedy of ancient Greek and Roman mythology.
Parthenope was a siren - with the face of a beautiful woman and the body of a bird. The sirens were said to lure sailors to their death on the rocks of the straits of Calabria.
- A symbol of Parthenope etched into
- Brass frame
- Hand-sized handmade mirror
- Visual interpretation of the mythology which tells the story through its symbol
Etched mirror and brushed brass. Made in Melbourne.
- Use a non-scratch silver scouring pad to bring brass back to bright
- Brighten with Brasso and a rag or leave to naturally patina
- The mirror glass can be cleaned with a damp cloth and dried with a paper towel