Shifting Worlds endeavours to minimise our environmental impact in the following ways:
- Removing single-use plastic and prioritising renewable options wherever possible
- Utilising carbon neutral shipping options, re-using packaging materials where possible
- Successfully recycling and composting waste from our business
- Supporting brands who share our values on sustainability
WHAT TO DO WITH SHIFTING WORLDS PACKAGING
When you order online from Shifting Worlds, you will receive your item in either a cardboard mailing box or a home compostable shipping mailer. We always recommend re-using materials where possible.
Cardboard Mailing Box
Please reuse this box if possible. You can use it for wardrobe storage, or hold onto it for the next time you need to ship something.
We use Grounded Packaging home compostable mailers which are made from biodegradable bioplastic film and certified for either home or industrial composting. When finished with the mailer, ensure that you have removed any stickers and cut into smaller pieces before adding to your compost.
Grey Plastic Mailer
* Please note we have moved to using compostable mailers from Jan 2022. This mailer is able to be recycled through REDCycle soft plastics recycling program. Make sure to remove the shipping label and check that it is clean and dry before dropping off. We encourage you to collect any soft plastics (find a list of what can and cannot be accepted here) and drop them off at participating partners - most Coles or Woolworths supermarkets will have a collection point, usually by the checkout.
Expanded Cut Out Paper Wrap
Your items will most likely be wrapped in paper with expanded cutouts that enable it to protect and cushion. This paper is fully recyclable and compostable, just remember to tear into small pieces before adding to compost. You can also hold onto this to re-use the next time you need to ship something fragile.
If possible, hold onto this to use the next time you are sending or gifting something. This paper is able to be recycled (check with your local recycling service) and composted. Please ensure that it is clean, free from stickers or tape and cut into small pieces before adding to compost.